LATEST WATCH REVIEWS AND ARTICLES

RED12 STRAPS REVIEW
HAMILTON KHAKI KING SCUBA
DW5600C THE CLASSIC G-SHOCK
SINN U BLACK LAUNCH
WATCHES' DAY WHEEL LANGUAGES
BOUNCE FLASH FOR WATCH PHOTOGRAPHY

Note: Click on any pics below to view full-sized version (1024px).

Thursday, September 4, 2008

ANTIMAGNETIC WATCH MAGNETIZED?

Vostok Amphibian. Its gaining like 1 hour a day? Is the anti-magnetic word for real in the first place?
I guess it got magnetized by my radio set (which runs on Lithium-ion batteries), I think I slept with my wrist right next to the radio. Is it possible that it got magnetized this way?
This is not the only watch that got affected, the next night I worn my plastic watch Timex Ironman Datalink and slept in the same position, so I guess my wrist remains there for at least a few hours before I moved in my sleep. I awoke at 7am but the watch shows 8am.

I reset it and being battery powered, its alright now. But the Amphibian might need a trip to the watchmaker to get it demagnetized. Simple enough job though I just need to find time to make the trip...

3 comments:

Ed said...

That is either a very strong speaker magnet or that radio may have some sort of internal short circuit going on. Very odd indeed

ANTON C said...

Ed, my watch seems to be gradually going back to normal accuracy now. Very odd indeed. I don't know what happened!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anton--does your Amphibian that got magnetized have one of those brass shields inside, between the movement and the case back? Please shoot me a PM at WUS, &thanks! herdingwetcats